Here you can find out information about getting access to Citizens Television, Inc facility, as well as detailed information about submitting a DVD to air on one of our three channels.
Technical Guidelines for DVD Submission
Any producer or sponsor submitting a program for cable-play at CTV must observe the following technical guidelines:
DVD - One program per DVD until further notice.
- DVD's must be of standard size and in any format (-R, +R, etc. Not Blu-Ray),
- No bumper (no color bars or tone, no other information) before program content.
- 2 seconds of black at the beginning of the DVD. 5 seconds (or more) of black at the end of the DVD.
- Do not include the black that is before or after your program in the TRT (Total Running Time) of your program.
- All DVD's must have a continuous video signal with proper audio and video signal levels.
- CTV reserves the right to prevent or suspend playing of any program with poor audio or video signals.
Running Time of DVD's
Shows which exceed these times run the risk of being cut off before they conclude. (Permission to run longer programs and odd-timed programs can be obtained from the Program Manager, Tim Dagradi.)
Labeling of DVD's
1. Only a regular, full-covering DVD label, or no label at all, may be on the DVD. CTV has labels that it can provide at no cost.
2. You may write on the back of the DVD itself with a permanent felt marker (not a pen). The information must include the Title of the series on file with CTV, the name of the specific episode, the producer or sponsor, the air date, and the TRT (Total Running time) of the program. If there is video or audio content on the DVD before your program begins, write :CUE:" on the DVD and then write in minute/second format (00:00) how long that content runs before we see the first frame of your program. This is called "cue time." Do not include the cue time, nor the black at the beginning or end of your program, in your TRT.
3. Please submit your DVD in a clear jewel case, through which the infromation on the DVD can be read. We are not responsible for damage to disks that are submitted in paper cases or cases that are damaged.
**DVD's that are not correctly labeled and timed will not be played.**
Standard Program Disclaimers On Your DVD
“The following program does not necessarily reflect the views, opinions or expressions of Citizens Television, Inc. or those of its employees, advisory council, or Comcast.”
“Citizens Television may not and does not exercise any editorial control over any production on its channels except those specifically produced by CTV.”
Programs cablecast on Citizens Television which contain excessively violent material, excessive adult language, nudity or sexually explicit material shall carry the following disclaimer at the beginning and near the middle of the program:
“This program contains material that may not be suitable for all viewers. Parental discretion is advised.”
FAILURE TO INCLUDE DISCLAIMERS MAY RESULT IN A PRODUCTION BEING REMOVED FROM THE PLAYLIST.
(Please refer to the Citizens Television Rules and Procedures section VII. PUBLIC ACCESS CHANNELS for more information.)
843 State St
Monday: 10am - 6pm
Tues-Thurs: 10am - 8pm
Fri & Sun: CLOSED
Sat: Appointment Only
Producers and Sponsors
If CTV is closed, DVDs
CTV Local Origination
Now You Know